Profession : Educational and social support worker
Educational and social support workers provide assistance with day-to-day tasks for children, adults or elderly people who are vulnerable or who have disabilities. The support workers are brought in to work in people's homes, in medical-social establishments or in schools.
Entrance examination : Educational and social support worker
- The entrance examination is organised by IRTS Montrouge/Neuilly-sur-Marne (Institut de formation aux métiers du social – social work training institute)
- To find out more about the calendar, entrance exams and to download the registration form, please visit the IRTS de Montrouge website.
Training : Educational and social support worker
Once you have passed the entrance examination for this course, training will be conducted in 2 locations: Neuilly-sur-Marne and Montrouge
- At least 18 years old at graduation
- Pass the entrance exams
At the date on which training commences:
- Have a contract of employment
- or CIF (congé individuel de formation – educational leave)
- or be looking for work
Length of the training
- 16 months, alternating between theory-based and practical training
- Training covers 4 fields:
- DF1: "Working as a professional within social services"
- DF2: "Providing day-to-day support in close proximity to clients"
- DF3: "Cooperating with all relevant professionals"
- DF4: "Facilitating clients' social lives and role in society"
- The choice of one specialist module:
- Support in the home
- Support in structured communal living
- Support in inclusive education and day-to-day life
- Two or three placements, allocated in such a way that students receive practical professional training in all fields covered by the core and specialist training modules. For those students who hold a DEAMP (diplôme d'Etat d'aide médico-psychologique – state diploma for medical-psychological support workers) or DEAVS (diplôme d'État d'auxiliaire de vie sociale – state diploma for assistant social workers), placements last for 175 hours and link to the chosen specialism.
Training costs : Educational and social support worker
- Complete training: €6,300. File management fee included.
- As covered by OPCA (Organismes paritaires collecteurs agréés – approved joint collecting bodies) : CIF (congé individuel de formation – educational leaving) enables those in employment to take a leave of absence to follow training of their choice.
- Grants from Pôle Emploi